Parish Historical Museum of Sacred Art A. Mongardi
On the floor below the Mascagni Museum will be the Alberto Mongardi Parish Historical Museum of Sacred Art.
Inaugurated in 1965, the Parish Historical Museum of Sacred Art was set up on the parish premises by Bishop A. Mongardi.
The main hall houses fine sacred furnishings from the parish and the local area, a valuable collection of liturgical vestments from the period between the 16th and 19th centuries, a rare antiphonary and a gradual dated 1520.
An altarpiece by Innocenzo da Imola (1515), 15 tablets with the Mysteries of the Rosary dating back to the 16th century and a wooden Christ (15th century) of the Flemish school also stand out.
There are also objects donated by Pope Pius IX, former bishop of Imola and Count of Bagnara.
The adjacent small room houses the historical core of the Parish Archives, which includes important hard copies of documents from 1252-1573.
Pietro Mascagni Museum
November IV Square, 2
Bagnara di Romagna, 48031, RA
Open every Saturday and Sunday by reservation
2021 Pietro Mascagni Museum